Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial Day Monday

I've been thinking about the young men I knew in high school and college to went off to Viet Nam and never came home.  This is what Memorial Day is about...honoring those who gave all for us .

I did get some scrapping done in the past few days.  My order from Craft Box in England came in and, after petting the papers, I found a photo of our river cruise and went to work.  This photo is from the top of Melk Abbey, one of the most beautiful stops on our trip.  We bought some of the brandy that the monks make and are waiting for a special occasion to break open one of our two bottles.

Without further ado...followed by a couple of how tos.

I wanted the top right to be a bit lighter but did not have a stencil I wanted to use (and I have a slew of stencils believe me).  So, I used a piece of nylon netting that was a bag for bath sponges.  I held it in place on my magnetic board with magnets and used Brilliance in white to achieve the results above.

I found the perfect metal bow and handle for the photo but both were too gold.  I altered them as well.
Until next Monday, have a great week.

No comments: