Thursday, April 1, 2010

Altered Object Challenge for April at ACOT




As Creative Team members at A Cherry on Top, we all do a challenge each month for the members. My challenges are centered around household objects that can be altered into something else. This is my challenge for April which goes up today.

Everyone has some in their home. And, if you received a recent order from ACOT, you got a nice 12x12 sheet of it...corrugated cardboard. Your challenge this month is to create something out of part or all of a piece of corrugated cardboard for a card, layout or altered piece. Some of the corrugation must show. Have fun!

Ribbon Sampler


And for my example,I created a ribbon sampler that I can take to crops . I want to do several more and then make a carrier for them. It sure is prettier than my zip lock bags and makes a great side piece for my trim carrier.

I cut a piece of corrugated cardboard into 6x6 pieces, peeled back some of the outer paper to allow the corrugation to show, covered one side with a thin tissue paper, added Lumiere paints and Krylon inks to finish and inked the back with two shades of Brilliance inks. I coated the entire piece with Liquitex gel medium in matte to give it durability. What I love about the corrugated cardboard is that I can use stick pins and straight pins to hold the ribbons in place and can put these right into the cardboard due to its thickness.


And thanks to Ali and Shar for inviting me to continue as the Visiting Artist at Gingersnaps Creations. I've had such fun and am looking forward to the challenges for April.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the variety of textures!

Chris said...

love lvoe this idea!