Sunday, April 29, 2012

Miss Fiona's Traveling Trunk

 Many thanks to Alice, a very talented artist that I met through Posh Scraps, for selling me this amazing cigar box.  It measures 6x6x5 and has a beautiful map on the top, a seal and ribbon above the tiny gold closure and....
 inside are four tiny pull out drawers.  She had originally asked what I would do with this box and my mind went into over drive.  When she offered it to me, I was ecstatic and kept making notes all during the garage sale on plans and ideas.
 In my youth, I read Mark Twain's Innocents Abroad several times.  I would envision packing the trunks with long lovely dresses, gloves, shoes, frothy underthings , jewelry and more.  When I finally went to Europe for the first time, I had one suitcase and a carry on, hardly the vision of my day dreams.
I have some lace hankies that belonged to my grandmother and aunt that would make lovely things to pack into what I am now calling Miss Fiona's traveling trunk, tiny charms of shoes and purses and the perfect papers to line the drawers and soft pretty print tissue for other "necessities".  Miss Fiona is going on her Grand Tour in style.

Alice also sold me 7 other cigar boxes of the most beautiful wood that I will be turning into a class called "Summer Dreams" coming soon to Posh at the middle to end of June.  More details to follow.

Upcoming classes I will be teaching at Posh Scraps 

Sat. May 12 10am-noon:  Photo Transfers techniques class  $10.00

Sat. May 26th. 10 am-noon: Foils and leafing technique class $10.00
Sat. May 26th 1-3pm:  Sweet Treasures  $28.00 (photo to follow tomorrow) Project is currently on
                                      display at Posh Scraps in Palm Harbor Fl.
You can call the store at 727-784-2928 for more details or to make your reservations.

No comments: