Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A CHERRY ON TOP altered objects challenge for Nov

This month, I challenged the gals at ACOT (and please feel free to join in...the more the merrier!)to raid their medicine chests and use something they found to creat an embellishment for either a layout, card or altered object.

For my sample, I selected a gauze pad.

I ran the four ply pad through my Cutterbug w/o removing the packaging ( I did it removing it from the packaging and found that the fibers got caught up in the die)using T. Holtz Grungy flowers die.

I used Glimmer Mist and other dyes to color the gauze and created layered flowers for two layouts.

Show me what you find to create with in your medicine cabinet!


madelineas said...

At first I thought you were going to alter the medicine cabinet. LOL
What a cool idea Jules. TFS

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea! I am thinking about buying some gauze to use for ribbon and dyeing it to match my projects. Thanks for the inspiration!