Thursday, May 17, 2012

LuminArte and Creative Imaginations Instructor's class

 And they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks.  I say HA!  Yesterday afternoon at Posh Scraps in Palm Harbor, a few of us who teach and/or design for the store, were invited to take part in an instructors' class given by Cheryl Mezzetti, the lead designer for Creative Imaginations.  Cheryl took us through a series of tags, refreshing us on some tried and true techniques, introduced us to some new approaches and ideas and showed us the limitless possibilities of the new products available from LuninArte and Creative Imaginations.    You can be sure I will be incorporating many of these into my upcoming classes.  Thank you so very much for the opportunity to take this class.
 The embellishing paste was one of my favorites as it takes far less time to dry than molding paste, is puffier and absorbs color in a manner you have to see to believe.  Pardon my poor photographs as they do not do the tags and tech near justice.
 Loved this stamp and way we applied the color to the tag.
 Eons ago, I took months and months of water color classes.  How could I have forgotten this tech? 
 We played with the new Silks, an amazing acrylic paint that again, has to be experienced to be believed...the sheen, the sparkle...beyond description.  I used a leaf stencil here and deliberately allowed the paint to bubble under the heat gun to get the crumbly fall leaf look.
 The paints and the papers and then a combo of spritz, paint, and the wonderfully improved Twinkling H20s for this flower.
 And for the frugal scrappers and paper artists, it was suggested that we take our paper towels we used to clean up and dry with and run them through a die cutting machine.  While I am more of a shabby chic gal than a tie dye one, I really like these and will coat them with Hellmar's Textured Effects to seal them and make them a bit more durable.  I have found that if I put the paper towels between two pieces of waxed paper, the cuts are cleaner (just a tip).
I left the class refreshed, invigorated and inspired.  Thank you Michele, Cheryl and Phyllis!

No comments: