Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Mardi Gras

Mardi Gras has always been one of our favorite holidays to celebrate with wild abandonment. Ok, so we show some restraint which explains why we don't have tons of beads...that and we are old! lol.
Last year, I downloaded a mask shape off the internet, enlarged it and printed it out. I used a light weight chip board to form the basic mask and built upon it from there.
I used Pearlescent watercolors from Yasutomo on vellum and, when that dried, I put the pieces over mesh, gilded it with Krylon gold ink and attached the bling and lace.

So, here is to Fat Tuesday and "laissez les bons temps rouler"

3 comments:

Sandi McLean said...

Your mask is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is stunning. I love Mardi Gras masks and would love to make one of my own. Thank you for sharing.

Darlene Whalley said...

This is gorgeous Jules!!!!