Monday, January 21, 2008

Remember the vintage glass bottle I bought?




The day before Kip and I took our antique journey, I read an article in Somerset Life's Winter 2007 issue about using rub ons on glass. The article was written by Jenny Doh, the editor-in-chief of the Somerset magazines and showed some lovely projects.

So, I added vintage glass and bottles to my list of things for my hunt when we searched the stores. I found one tiny bottle that I loved. This little thing measures a bit over 5 inches with the cork and is about 2 inches wide. What caught my attention were the curved sides that were also flat enough to take a rub on...this I never did.

Today, after cleaning the bottle, I found the perfect rub ons by Bo Bunny (www.bobunny.com). I applied one set of the flowers to the back of the bottle and another to the front. Not satisfied to have a black design only on the bottle, I dug out my Lumiere paints by Jacquard and, with a tiny pointed brush applied the colors. I finished this with some glass leaves I've had for eons. The hat pin and the little watering can just called to me so I let them join the bottle to live happily ever after. Thanks for looking. I'd give this as a gift but I love it too dearly. Off to find more vintage bottles!

3 comments:

Kris Dickinson said...

Wonderful Jules! I love your new blog! - Kris

Lyneen said...

What a great gift idea.... OH I will be visiting often!!!

Carol A. said...

I am so lovin' these bottles Jules. I have so many of these and I can't wait to give this a shot.