Monday, August 19, 2013

Nana's Album

About six or seven years ago, I started a memory album about my grandmother.  I found two amazing vintage embossed tin ceiling tiles at a little shop in Dunedin, Florida and the project took off from there.  The problem arose when I went to put the album and about six of the layouts I had done together.  The ceiling tiles are exactly 12x12 and, unfortunately, the page protectors were a bit beyond that.  Until a couple of days ago, when I thought to add lace around the edges of the two tiles that form the album, my Nana's album gathered dust in an art bin on a shelf.  Until today, when darling friend, Cynthia, found the perfect lace for my Nana's album in her stash, I still had not done much more about this.  And now...on to the back tile and more work on the album pages.  Thank you, Cynthia!

I scanned most of the old photos I have onto canvas or fabric paper, enhanced them with a variety of mediums such as soft colored pencils, watercolors, glitter and paints.

I have the memorial the nursing home wrote about my grandmother when she died and I believe I'll put that on the inside cover.  It was a lovely tribute to her. 


Thank you for looking!

No comments: