Friday, June 7, 2013

It's About a Girl June 1 challenge

I love these challenges.  Thanks to them I am getting at least 2 if not more layouts done a month about Leighton  and 2 plus for the boys from the It's About the Boy challenge blog.  We were challenged to use a doilie on a layout.  I decided to use the large dinner table doilie instead of the round one as I was more inspired by the shape and design than the round ones.  I did get some round ones too for play.  For the complete details on the challenge, go HERE.

Here is my take on this June 1 challenge



This picture was taken last Easter.  While Leighton did not find tons of eggs on the egg hunt, she did find two of the cats' toys.  And, if you think she looks disappointed here, you should have seen the cats.  Those are their favorite toys! lol. 

I decided rather than cut the doilie and the insert I made, I would simply fold them over to the back of the layout and create the start of a second layout to continue the Easter pictures for Leighton's album.
I hate to waste good paper and often do two sided layouts.  I use D ring 12x12 albums and I take the paper out of the page protectors allowing both sides to show.  I'll post the back side of this layout when I get it finished.  As always, thanks for looking!



13 comments:

Pat said...

I love that doily you used & how did you make that insert?? Beautiful LO!! Thanks for joining us @ AAG.

JulesinParadise said...

Pat, I cut the center out of a second doily and traced around it on the paper. Easy Peasy.

Cherished said...

Lovely page. Thanks for sharing at AAG!

Pam said...

omg, I love love love that layout!

Pam said...

omg, I love love love that layout!

Stacey said...

Cute page! I love that doily too. Thanks for playing at AAG.

Unknown said...

Such and adorably sweet photo and the layout is just so lovely! The doily is gorgeous and so are the flowers and colors. Thank you so much for participating at About A Girl!!!

Brenshevia said...

beautifully done, love this! Thanks for joining us at AAG!

Canica said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at AAG!!

Lynn said...

What a sweet girl! Love that doily. Thanks for sharing your beautiful layout with us at About A Girl.

Unknown said...

I love that doily with the insert. Very effective....such a pretty page. Thanks for joining us AAG!

BethanyR said...

Beautiful both the layout and the little girl.

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

Great idea. I think I have that same paper doily. Love what you did with it so I may give it a try. This time I used round ones, some flat, folded and some crinkled into flowers. I thought they might tear but it worked out. Cheers, Lisa