Monday, July 2, 2012

Gecko Galz project #1

Found Object: mermaid in a bottle.  I drizzled alcohol inks down the outside of a clear glass bottle that a friend gave me.  I used a Sharpie to darken the stopper which had been white.  I stamped with a specimen stamp I have onto a tag that I 'aged'.

The crowing glory though is the digital stamp from Gecko Galz from the mermaid series.  I printed her out onto vellum so she would show on both sides of the bottle.  To make her tail glimmer and glow, I painted her with LuminArt's Twinkling H20s.  Her hair and skin were colored with a soft color pencil.

4 comments:

cheryl mezzetti said...

Your works is so beautiful Jules! Love this bottle!

LyndaKay said...

I think this is one of the best pieces of "altered art" that you have done! Love it. GOT to try those alcohol inks on glass.

Carol Salisbury said...

That is so cool Jules! Love it!

dawn said...

It's beautiful Jules!