Thursday, January 12, 2012

Vintage Valentines

Both my aunt Marion and my great aunt, Maime, saved post cards sent to them by friends and I inherited them. These are mostly from the 1950s and 60s but two are from 1912 and 1916. The embossed ones are my favorite.

If you see any you would like (I've used parts of the images for photo transfers and for embellishments) please help yourself.






I am working on a treasure box for my granddaughter, Leighton Kaye the next few days. I hope to have some samples of the box to post soon. Wish me luck. I'd like this to be special.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, these post cards are great. They are so pretty and unique. Thank you for sharing them! I love that your aunt and great aunt saved them and they were passed down to you.

Best of luck on the treasure box for your granddaughter. I'm sure it will be gorgeous!

Cindy Adkins said...

These are fabulous. I love vintage postcards! Thanks for sharing!
Cindy

LyndaKay said...

Can't wait to see the treasure box. Thanks for sharing the valentines.

Anonymous said...

Oh, these are so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing and allowing us to use them. Hugs, Mina