Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Gingersnaps' Once in a Blue Moon challenge
Every few months, we end up with 5 Wednesdays in a month! That's where the Once in a Blue Moon Challenge comes in. As this is not a frequent event, we try and make it a little different than the regular challenges and often send you back into our archives or out into the blogosphere for inspiration!
This time is no different! As we have now had over 100 challenges, we thought you might like to revisit some of your favorites. We challenge you to pick one.
I selected the Jewel tones and gold challenge. For a complete list of the challenges and how to enter plus see the amazing work done by the rest of the design team, check out Gingersnaps.
1. clean the bottle in hot soapy water, rinse well and allow to completely dry.
2. using a tacky glue that dries clear (try Helmar's Premium Craft Glue) or a spray on adhesive, coat the bottle.
3. crumple tissue paper and spread over the glue. Use a bone folder or a small brayer to insure adherence. Use a bronze or gold Brilliance ink to 'glaze' the surface of the tissue. Heat set.
4. glue on the images (these are from Graphic 45 papers). I went over the edges with a gold Krylon ink pen (optional).
5. spray the bottle with a clear drying acrylic sealer. This allows the bottle to be lightly washed with a damp cloth when needed.
6. add beads or any other embellishments after the spray sealer dries.
And thanks for looking!