Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wearable Art thanks to Prima's Botanical line.

This tee is one of my projects for my reveal at A Cherry on Top. For full directions on how make your own can be found here.

I can not take credit for the magnet/flower idea. One of the women who checked me out at Stein Mart last week had a beautiful flower attached to her sweater this way. How clever...and now I can launder my tee (inside out out and on gentle, of course, with it lined dried) with out worrying about the flower being destroyed or by putting a pin back on it and holes in my tee.

Thanks for looking and for visiting my altered blog.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Gingersnaps' Once in a Blue Moon challenge

Every few months, we end up with 5 Wednesdays in a month! That's where the Once in a Blue Moon Challenge comes in. As this is not a frequent event, we try and make it a little different than the regular challenges and often send you back into our archives or out into the blogosphere for inspiration!

This time is no different! As we have now had over 100 challenges, we thought you might like to revisit some of your favorites. We challenge you to pick one.

I selected the Jewel tones and gold challenge. For a complete list of the challenges and how to enter plus see the amazing work done by the rest of the design team, check out Gingersnaps.

1. clean the bottle in hot soapy water, rinse well and allow to completely dry.
2. using a tacky glue that dries clear (try Helmar's Premium Craft Glue) or a spray on adhesive, coat the bottle.
3. crumple tissue paper and spread over the glue. Use a bone folder or a small brayer to insure adherence. Use a bronze or gold Brilliance ink to 'glaze' the surface of the tissue. Heat set.
4. glue on the images (these are from Graphic 45 papers). I went over the edges with a gold Krylon ink pen (optional).
5. spray the bottle with a clear drying acrylic sealer. This allows the bottle to be lightly washed with a damp cloth when needed.
6. add beads or any other embellishments after the spray sealer dries.

And thanks for looking!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"Things with Wings"

This was the theme for the ATC swap group to which I belong for the month of March. I overlaid vellum on patterned paper, punched the dragon fly out of metallic gold paper and then vellum. Using flat tipped tweezers and Brilliance inks, I applied the color to both the gold dragon flies and the vellum. After I layered the vellum on top of the gold, I added some glitter to the vellum wings and beads to form the bodies. Krylon edging finished these. I wanted them to be soft and pretty...hopefully I achieved that. Thanks, as always, for looking.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Gingersnaps MARDI GRAS

One of the Gingersnap color events was Mardi Gras. This is my project for the blog. I printed a mask form onto canvas paper. I traced the image onto a piece of velum paper, and painted layers of purple (justice)and green(faith)in the Yasutomo Pearlescent Watercolors and edged the vellum with gold (power) Krylon inks. Between the canvas paper and the velum, I layered some purple mesh, added the lace and the bling. I sprayed the mask with an acrylic sealer to give it stability of the colors and flexibility. All that is left is to add the ribbons to tie.

To see what my fellow team mates at Gingersnaps did with this theme, check here.

Thank you for looking and Lessez les bon temps roluez!