Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Creative Therapy



When I worry, I clean. Unfortunately, I don't worry enough or my house would be in the House Beautiful magazine or one of those How to Organize your Home mags. But, I've been on a cleaning/ reorganizing jag since our friend has been in harm's way with his health.

One of the things I set out to do was purge my work room. I started on one side and worked my way down drawer by drawer, shelf by shelf and have only finished about 1/3 of the room so far. In the process, I have also been finishing small things that I had left unfinished...and this wire dress form was one. I wanted something a bit "Carman Miranda" but with a touch of vintage. She is done and has joined her sisters perched on top of the shelves on what E believes to be "his side" of my work room!

Still cleaning and reorganizing...and two big boxes ready for the multi-gal crafty garage sale to be at my house.

Hope your day is scrap happy...and our friend is doing great!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's very pretty, Jules. I'm sorry to hear about your friend...I'll add him to my prayers.

madelineas said...

I love it Jules.
I have been doing the same thing but got side tracked by Ms Muse and started playing instead

Jan Hennings said...

This is gorgeous!! Is this a Stampington form?

Terry said...

I came over here for Bella to follow and I already am!!! Beautiful piece! I sure hope your friend will be fine!

Sandi McLean said...

I have followed you over from Bella Creations - looking forward to seeing more of your creations!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is fabulous!

Lucy x