Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Playing Paper Dolls UPDATED



I will be teaching this as a class at Posh Scraps in Palm Harbor Florida on Aug. 28th. 2010. You can contact the store or me for more details. The class will be called "All Dressed Up".

One of my favorite activity as a child was playing with my paper dolls. I loved to carefully cut out their clothes and dress them for all occasions. My Aunt Francis would come to visit every summer and she would draw and color new clothes for my paper families. She should have been a clothing designer, she was/is so talented.

This morning I took a combination of papers, sticker, ribbons and trim and combined them to make this hanging summer dresses banner...well, my version of a banner. I have no idea where I found the child sized vintage wooden hanger but the tiny hangers came from a craft store. I free handed the dress template and the pinafore. Thanks for looking.

I am thinking of doing a dolly dress swap where everyone interested would make dresses on hangers and work their names into them somehow. How much fun would that be? If interested, please email me at eeickmeier@hotmail.com

4 comments:

Janet M said...

These are just adorable- I love every one of them. I used to play with paper dolls all the time- remember the one that used to be in Mc Calls magaizine - Betsy McCall Paper Dolls.
Really cute dresses !

Denita said...

How adorable Jules!!! Thanks for taking me back to being a little girl so long ago......

I too loved playing with my paper dolls and actually had forgotten all about that!

I would love to participate in the swap but I don't dare commit to anything at this point : {

Anonymous said...

OMG! This could not get any cuter! Awesome!

Lyneen said...

I love the little dresses... wanted to stop by and wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR!