Sunday, October 18, 2009

Tattered Angels and Prima Card



My muse has been visiting in full drive lately. In the past three days, I have done six layouts, this card and another, a Gratitude Box for our family for Thanksgiving and have started an altered project.

I used the Glimmer Mist limited edition color, Indian Corn, on one of the Tattered Angel cards.(both the Glimmer Mist and the Cards may be purchased from KnKclub.com)' I wanted parts of the card to look like old peeling leather so waited until the Mist was almost dry and used my thumb in a circular motion to lightly lift some to the surface and then I Misted again, blotting with a textured paper towel. I used a Brilliance gold and lightly dusted the embossed print and images and inked the corners and sides. I stamped the bird cage (B Line Designs, LLC) in gold and heat set. To give the escaping birds a bit of pizaaz, I stamped them on a transparency and cut it out, gluing them in place. The final step was to attach the amazingly beautiful Jewel Glitters Spray by Prima into place. This is a special card for a special person...will it be you? Watch your snail mail.
"They" say the muse only comes to visit when the soul is at peace...thinking it is true! Hope you have a great week to come.

1 comment:

parasols and maryjanes said...

This IS truly special. I love the jewel spray accent--perfect finishing effect. Well done!