Thursday, August 27, 2009

Witchy Woman







When I get blocked on one project, I move to another and come back to the first. Somehow this seems to clear the block. So, today I put everything on my work table to one side and worked on my Witchy Woman.

Since I was I child, I could not imagine a better H'ween costume than that of a witch...and then, as an adult to read Wicked and Son of a Witch (and boy, did Elphaba get a bum rap), I've been wanting to do a Witchy Woman...she would be chic and elegant and powerful!

Her skirt has 5 layers of fabric and ribbons that have been Glimmer Misted and painted with gold. I free handed her hat and layered on mesh and more Glimmer Mist, the bodice is a bow and the broom is a Christmas sprig I bought for 7cents that has been 'treated'.

So, here is my Witchy Woman...and you'd best behave 'cause she has you in her sights, you and ToTo too, my pretty! lol

No comments: