Monday, April 7, 2008

Close up of Coyaba Gardens flowers and leaves



The full version of this layout is on my postingfromparadise.blogspot

I had pressed the Ginkgo leaves about two years ago when I found them on Gasparilla Island biking with my Ft. Myers' neighbor, Deb. Because Glimmer Mist tends to only bead on porous surfaces like these leaves, I sprayed them with an acrylic sealer first, them added the Glimmer Mist, blotting it after a bit to soak up the excess. When these dried, I applied All Purpose Ink by Tsukineko (coming soon to KnK store)and allowed it to dry. I could have applied the API (All Purpose Ink) to the leaves without the acrylic spray as it is best suited for porous surfaces but wanted the color from the Glimmer Mists along with the Champagne Mist color of the API. The large Heidi Swapp flower was white and I used a Glimmer Mist on it, also blotting the excess. The other pressed ferns and flowers are by Nature's Pressed.

2 comments:

Yogi said...

Very nice. Love the color scheme. It's a pity the glimmer doesn't show up very well o my computer screen. I'm sure it must be luscious in real

Kris Dickinson said...

Gorgeous work Jules! I nominated you for an Arte Y Pico award on my blog:

http://nostalgiccollage.blogspot.com/2008/04/award-time.html